IPAL Fund Managers
IPAL Fund Managers is a Private Equity Firm focusing on Indian Real Estate. The core team has significant co-work experience running a large and successful $1b real estate fund together across 5 domestic and offshore funds and 2 third party mandates.
The Founder /CEO & Managing Director – Ramesh Jogani, has over 2 decades of real estate development experience across 2.5m sq.ft and almost a decade as a successful real estate fund manager. Thus he’s uniquely positioned as probably the only successful real estate fund manager with deep development grassroots.
Our deep roots in Real Estate Development and Private Equity enable us to identify oft-missed and misunderstood value opportunities in this space.
IPAL Fund Managers has partnered with Centrum Wealth Management, a subsidiary of the Centrum group in its proprietary Asset Management Company capabilities, and to take advantage of synergies between the two entities.
The Centrum Group is an integrated India based financial services group, incorporated in 1977 and listed on the Mumbai Stock Exchange. The group has interests across Investment Banking & Corporate Advisory, Infrastructure and Project Funding, Fixed Income, Equity Broking, Real Estate, Advisory, Foreign Exchange and Travel, Wealth Management and Private Equity.
To be the most respected Indian real estate fund manager, widely viewed as being able to leverage its innate domain knowledge to deliver superior returns to its investors. To be the preferred partner of choice for domestic and global investors looking at investing in the Indian Real Estate market.
To continuously innovate and offer superior, differentiated and well-researched fund products to both domestic and offshore investors, capitalising on existing and foreseeable opportunities in a non-speculative manner.
Our values are to operate at the highest standards of business and ethical conduct, provide utmost transparency and ensure alignment with our partners by running our firm foremost as Owner-Investors. At IPAL, the investor always comes first.
The team prides itself on its core real estate experience across multiple functional areas of over 60 years. The team’s experience encompasses all key aspects of real estate be it project development, capital markets, institutional debt, risk management, valuations and consulting, asset management, design and planning, etc.
CEO & MD
- Pioneer in the RE fund space with a realized track record of successful exits and a history of firsts
- Identified as the ‘Value Builder’ (by Forbes India in 2011)
- Development experience across 2.5m sq ft across Mumbai and Pune over 22 years
- As MD & CEO of Indiareit – raised / managed INR 4,200+ cr across 5 funds and 2 third party mandates
- Has also been Member, National Committee on Real Estate & Housing ‐ Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and has been an active speaker at various national and global industry panels and seminars
Chief Investment Officer
- An Engineer and MBA from Mumbai University, Shailesh has 12 years of experience in Real Estate Debt, Capital Markets, Investments and Fund Raising
- At Indiareit ‐ successfully executed the largest PE investment in a slum‐redevelopment project, then spearheaded the fund‐raise of the $80m Mumbai Redevelopment Fund, India’s first niche RE fund
- At Indiareit ‐ led the successful Mumbai exits of Trinity Capital Plc., an AIM‐listed Private Equity fund
- Shailesh was an Associate Director at CB Richard Ellis (CBRE), leading the Capital Markets team for almost 6 years, successfully executing transactions in excess of $250m
- At HDFC Bank, helped setup the Real Estate Lending Division, building a debt portfolio of over INR 2b
Chief Operating Officer
- Gulzar is a qualified architect from the School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
- As Associate Director & Regional Head of the Strategic Consulting Group at CB Richard Ellis, headed business development, project co‐ordination & client management for investment advisory mandates
- As Vice President with the Credit Risk Management group of Deutsche Bank, closely monitored debt, mezzanine and equity transactions for Indian assets worth over $6b
- Extensive experience in underwriting RE transactions worth over GBP 800m across Europe and APAC
- Subsequently, joined as the Head of Risk Management at Indiareit, in Mar ’12
- Jay is a Mumbai native and a resident of Austin, TX in the USA. As the Joint Chief Investment Officer at IPAL, he plays an active role in the firm's investment strategy and coordinates it's fund-raising efforts.
- An MBA in Finance from The Wharton School in 1996, Jay joined Dell Inc. and served as an executive building various global businesses over a period of 13 years
- A keen follower of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger, Jay has focused full‐time as a value investor since early 2010, managing his family office.
- Has committed a significant portion of his own net worth to IPAL's Redevelopment Fund, and serves as the US/Europe contact for the firm.